October 21st 2013


Family! Friends!

         This week was awesome! Elder Maughan and I worked so hard! We taught so many people and found a lot of new investigators. Just one quick amazing experience I want to share with you. Well some sister missionaries gave us an address to go check out. They said the guy’s name was Jose. Well the address they gave us was 5825 and when we got there it was a trailer complex, so it had A B C D E F G H I J K L. and we are just like oh nooooo. We decided to just start knocking on doors to find Jose, you’ve also got to realize that 99% of the people here are named Jose haha so we knocked on D, and this lady named Victoria (an older lady) opened the door and asked what we wanted. We introduced ourselves and asked for Jose and we said that we heard Jose had talked to the missionaries before and that we just wanted to see how he was doing. She was so happy and was like, “Oh yes, come in.” (all in Spanish BTW) so we walked in and Jose is laying on a bed. He had a stroke 9 years ago and has been in bed since, sad I know. Well long story short, the Jose we found was a different Jose then the sisters told us to visit. We have been visiting him every other day and now he wants to be baptized. About him getting to church and being baptized we don’t know yet what’s going to happen but just pray for Jose and Victoria that it will turn out ok!
         Erika, Jairo and Brandon have a date for the 10th of Nov. Jenny and her son Joshua have a date for the 10th and this girl named Jasmine also has a date for the 10th. PRAY for them that it can go through. I want to help them soooooo much and I know through baptism they will help themselves out more than they can imagine!
         Last thing before I end this letter on Friday we had this Halloween contest at our church and this member dared me to wear this suit and then he'd buy me dinner. Well I took him up on the bet! Long story short the primary was hosting it so there was A LOT of little kids there and they were all taking pictures with the "Yo Gabba Gabba missionary" it was fun. Well they announced that I won the costume contest and everyone was just cheering and I got my prize (lotion?) I know weird; I got a lot of candy so that’s always a good thing! Well that’s all for the week!
I love you all and keep me updated with things!
ITS ALMOST HALLOWEEN!!!!!

SHOUT OUT TO MY LITTLE SISTER SOPHIA! HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND I MISS YOU SO MUCH!!! :)
ONE MORE TO MALENA!!! SORRY I DIDNT DO IT LAST WEEK BUT I HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD ONE TOO! MISS YOU! :)

LOVE, Elder Doors!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment