December 16th 2013


Well it's official, it's my last week in Bell Gardens, after about 6 months I am finally getting transferred :(

This week was way good/long/fun then sad again.

The other long experience we had was that from Bell Gardens we had to take a bus, then train, then bus again then walk to the Temple. We left at 8am with 8 of us missionaries in total. Got there, did our session and left. We got home at 7:30 pm ahhhh that was the longest day ever. Then we had band practice for the rest of the night :)

So for about a week now we decided to play for the ward for our Christmas party. I learned to play the base super fast and my companion was on the electric guitar (he's really good) and we had the two other Elders on another electric guitar and one on the drums (he's really good too) anyways we played a medley of "If you Could Hie to Kolob" and "Angles we have heard on high" and it sounded sooooooo cool. Everyone loved it. We wore lime green bow ties and Santa hats. Ha-ha. We also played one from the Beatles called "Money can’t buy me love" and they liked that too. We did a small play "el Niño tambour" "the little drummer boy" and I was the little Niño (boy) and I sang a solo oh goodness I suck at singing. Oh well, that's life. When we were all done we walked back to the gym to go sit down at our table and everyone started clapping for us again. It was way cool. They said they were all surprised and wanted more. But yeah then we stayed at the Christmas party, hung out for a little and just went home. I'll send some pictures when I have some. I didn't take any with my camera... whoops. But it was a way fun night.

Then on Sunday we had some people come to church. We have this girl coming all the time and she is amazing. She is really trying to find out for her self and I know she will. We teach her and her family and they are all amazing. They are a perfect family and I know this Gospel can bless them even more. I will for sure miss them. We finished yesterday with this family called the la Familia Solis. I love them too. They are less actives but we are working so hard with them.  They have 3 little boys Edgar, Saul, and Alan (I call him Hindu) because he looks like one, but they are amazing too. Then when we got home, we got the call "Elder Puertas you are leaving" and now I am going to L.A3 1 (I don't know where that is but we will see) my new companion is Elder Knight. Can’t wait for my new area. I LOVE Bell Gardens and I have truly met amazing people here. It feels weird thought because it feels like I am leaving home all over again.  I am nervous/sad but way excited for it at the same time. I leave tomorrow and I am turning 6 months on Christmas, it's crazy how time flies.

I love you all and always remember, especially in this time, the birth of Christ and how amazing he was to die for us so we can have that opportunity to return with our Heavenly Father again. Show love to everyone, no matter who it is.

P.S
I am almost done with the Book of Mormon. I am in Mormon 9.

Shout out to ANGELA! Happy Birthday on Sunday and I hope you have an amazing day! I love you so much! Thank you for all the boxes you send me! It means so much! Love you.


LOVE, Elder Puertas









No comments:

Post a Comment