September 2nd, 2013


          Well another amazing week here in LA! A CRAZY week! Well like I said, I went through temple on Wednesday and it was probably the sweetest experience so far! I loved it! 

         On Friday we had our district meeting then we went out to eat at Boulevard Burger! These HUGE burgers for $1, they were really good. Well also on Friday we met this guy and he was kind of Racist. He said he wasn't but he defiantly was. He was saying things about me too but don't worry I didn't do anything :) neither did my companion. In fact we tried to be his friend and we shared the gospel to him and invited him to church. Ha well he laughed and said no but we tried. There are some weird people here in LA.
         Okay Saturday was the sickest day ever! Of coarse as usual we woke up, got ready, studied and went to Sinthia's house to teach her. She's an investigator that we have been teaching for awhile. She want's to be baptized but she can’t because she's kind of on Parole so she has to wait. Anyways on with the day, we went to visit the Gytan family (super less active) and we are working with them to reactivate again! We went over and had some AMAZING tacos! Wow she can cook! They fasted that day so we did too to help them out! They love it when we come by! Ok so this is when it gets good. So then we went to a member's wedding! They just got sealed in the temple so they were celebrating it at the stake center! We walked in, sat down ate some amazing food, of coarse, and the music was super loud! I wanted to dance soooo bad! I love Spanish music I recommend it to everyone! Listen to some Aventura!! Ha-ha. There was this kid there that had a hat on and some shades on the whole time. He was probably like 14, 15 years old and wow, yaaaa I recommend to NOT do that ever. Ha trust me. Well we were there for like 2 hours and it was super fun! After that we went to this member’s 15 year party! We helped set up the place so they invited us to come by. So we did for like 10 min, enough time to get in, get some food and get out. Ha-ha.
         So we dropped the other missionaries off at their house and we get back to our house. So we are inside relaxing and I hear all this yelling outside! I look outside and there’s this truck in the middle of the road and these 2 guys are yelling, swearing like crazy trying to fight this guy in the truck. Everyone is out like chismosos (us too) watching it and I see Andy, Jacob and Andre out there too. (They are the 3 kids we teach every night, they live across the street) anyways they are there and its there family member trying to fight so I wanted to get them out of there but we can’t get involved in stuff like that. Long story short there was this huge brawl and I remember Jacob was just yelling "Stop it, Stop it" and man I wanted to help. The truck drove off and I walk outside when the police came (because we called them) and Andy sees us so he runs over too me and I asked him how he was doing and he just said "I’m scared" I felt so bad they have to grow up in all this stuff. With gangs, violence, drugs, bad examples. I feel for them and I want to help them out so bad! But ya, that was my crazy Saturday! I almost felt like I was living the normal life again. Ha-ha think about it 2 parties and a fight at the end in one night?
         Sunday was good too! I kind of love going to church now. The families are super cool! We broke our fast at the Gytans family again and the food was incredible! Some Mexican ceviche puro pescado! :) Wow! The Hermana can cook! Ha-ha well anyways we went to visit a lot of less actives to just set return appointments and we did get some so that was good. Another interesting night to end on though. We were just sitting outside and these two guys come over, around our age I’m guessing, all tatted up and just super high and they were just asking us all these questions. Well they don't believe in God. They think we are dumb for not partying and smoking drugs but something cool was that they are coming back on Wed. to try out what we have to offer. We convinced them to just "try" it out and if it doesn't work then we are wrong. They accepted and we will be teaching them from the next couple of weeks hopefully! The spirit will help us out!
         Well that was my week and it was good! Today we are finally going to hike to the HOLLYWOOD sign and I’m super pumped!  The Book Mormon is true! Stay faithful my friends :) love you all!

Con Mucho Amor, Elder Puertas



No comments:

Post a Comment