August 5th, 2013


Como estan todos!???                                                

Okay so this week has been good! I played soccer on Monday finally! But we are teaching a family and their mom was coming over from Mexico. Her name is Virgina and she’s amazing! We taught her and she loves us and wants to know more about the church! She has this little pet Chihuahua that is crazy! It bites everyone but when we come over it lets us pet it. Our spirit is so strong that it makes everyone and everything happy I guess.

Well that was on Monday and actually we got a change to take them to the Temple Visitor’s Center Tuesday night and that was an amazing experience. We watched this video there and yes, it made them cry.... mayyyyyybe I had watery eyes. Maybe. But they loved the tour and loved the temple! The temple is amazing! I smile so big every time I’m by it! It’s huge! But anyways so we kind of need to be home by 9pm or 930 at the latest but that night was kind of crazy with traffic and we were running late so we kind of got home at 10:20pm. But, I got to see downtown lit up and it was awesome!

This week was cool too because we had a baptism last night!!! Whoohooo! His name is Victor and he’s from Honduras and he’s super chill! Every time we go over he always makes us food and he always wants us to rest! I love him.

But also one time during the week when we were doing companion studies, I was just sitting on the couch and I looked to my left outside my front door and I see a bird just chilling and 2 second later this car just drives right over it and there was just this pop noise and I jumped. Ha-ha it was sick! Literally. Its one wing was still flapping. Poor bird. But it’s all good because it is flying in heaven now! Lucky.

Also so we met this guy on the street named Juan. It started off real good and he is catholic and all then he started getting more intense with his church and he was saying how his church was the only true church. And well we aren't supposed to Bible Bash with anyone (meaning, don't argue with their believes and try to prove them wrong). Long story short, we COULD have wrecked him but we didn't. He really wasn't ready for our message so it’s okay. When the second coming comes, he will believe us then. But yeah other than that, that's been my week. I learn more and more about my companions though. Elder Boyd is still a wizard! He also made his Senior Prom suit out of duck Tape. Ya he’s one of those guys! Ha-ha but I love him! He’s a boss! Elder Cockriel is great too! He loves to sing and he’s really good at it so I always have music playing at home. So about me being a man... yeah I really am because now I’m washing the dishes too and cooking my own meals and ironing my own shirt AND doing laundry for myself! Ha-ha ya I know! The facial hair keeps growing back fast so no worries!

I love you all!

I love my mission! I’m doing this all for you guys also for myself but MOST importantly for my heavenly father.

Mosiah 3:19 love it!
Until next week. -Elder Puertas

"Alright joke of the week guys:

Who was the first person to break all 10 commandments?....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
....... Moses :) ha-ha love you all, peace"

No comments:

Post a Comment