August 20th 2013


Hola familia!                                                    

Okay so I am going do this weekly email a little different.
Well first off just to summarize my week in like a couple of sentences.
This week was a good week FOR ME. Jimmy's family is still going through some stuff and I don't know what's really happening. Just pray for them. Hector and Maria got back together and we had FHE with them last night and they are doing amazing again. Hector and his family were literally at rock bottom buuuut once you've hit the bottom you can only go up. So they are working on it and it was good. They also want to get baptized but there are still some things that they have to take care of. But I am happy for them.
Also I took my driving test this week and I passed. Surprise. But it was crazy because I was at this stop light right. I was like the 3rd car, and the car next to me was just there and all of the sudden this Van just rear ends them and then that car that got rear ended, rear ends the car in front of them. So this accident just happens right next to me. Ha it was crazy! 2 people went home from our zone :( the mission is hard and you really have to give it your all to keep going!
So this email I want to talk about the Family! The family is literally the best thing you can have but what makes it even better is the Unity of the family.
We went over to this family's house earlier this week, (no names) unfortunately the father was drunk, he invited us in. He just talked about how he was at the point of giving up, disappearing. He wants to give up because all of the family hate each other, financial problems, the grandmother passed away, and he can’t take it anymore. He was just balling and wanted our help.
The other family, (no names) this family was doing amazing and just when they were going up, something hit them, a trial. Well the father left (hopefully just temporary) and now the mom is alone with her kids, and she is pregnant. She also called us asking us for help.
This last family I don't know much about, but I can tell how the parents are. So on Friday night I got to cut my companions hair, Elder Cockriel and this little kid comes up to me asking me how much I charge. I told him I’d do it for free, but the next day. This little kid, age 7 lives at the house in front of me, his dad is a drug lord. His mom cusses like crazy, she is always super loaded too. I am just sitting here feeling bad for this kid. He seems so cool too. Super happy and he likes us, the missionaries, a lot. I feel bad because why does he have to grow up with all this. He came over Saturday night and I cut his hair and we just kicked it their talking for a little while. He comes over almost ever night just to say hi while his parents are just always outside smoking.

Well I've seen these 3 different families in 3 different situations. Then I think to myself of my family! I am super grateful for the family I have now and the way I grew up! I also think to myself how are we still doing good as a family when we've been through hard times as well.  What are all these families missing? They are all missing the Gospel. When they do what's right and they are on the right path, they are doing great but once something hits them, they just stop and quit. The families that get up from the hit are the ones who never stop trying the best. When it comes to going to church, reading your scriptures, praying, etc. Those are the families that are strong. When they are willing to keeping going even when the times are tough.

And I’m so grateful for my parents! Thank you Dad, Mom, Angela for being an example to me. The parents can be the biggest influences in a kids life and I’m so glad I had the examples I had.
Last family, last week they were horrible the mom and kids left the dad, He was super high on drugs and was freaking out, (investigator family) and do you know what he did. He went to church that Sunday. He talked to the bishop; they had this plan for him and his family so they can get better again. Well like I said, we had FHE with them last night and they are doing amazing. They are super happy and they love us. They want to get baptized and their goal is to be sealed in the temple now. They still have some things to work on but they are working on it!!! That's because they didn't stop trying their best!  
Families really can be together forever and it’s amazing! God has a plan of each of us but its up to us to act on it! I love you all! I miss you all and I’m grateful or every single one of you.

P.S I’m going to the temple next Thursday and I’m soooooo excited!!

This church is true and I love it!

Elder Puertas!!!

1 comment:

  1. Such a great testimony!! And nspiration !!! Thank you for sharing Peter's testimony, he just made My whole week!! He is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete