February 9th 2015


This week we had the chance to have a mini missionary with us. It's when the youth can be assigned with some missionaries for about 3 days and you just work. Our mini missionary was named Alan Antuna. He is way cool. He was baptized about a year and a half ago and he has such a huge testimony. I learned a lot from him actually. He's 20 and he just really wants to go on a mission. I wish I were as prepared as he is. In our Ward this missionary that served in Provo Utah just returned home too and EVERY time you see him you just see the biggest smile on his face. He truly loved his mission and I am sure did everything he could to give it his all. I have really had the chance to ponder this week and just think about my future a little. Think about how I want to end my mission because really "The way you end your mission is how you will start the rest of your life" and I know that to be true. Sometimes it does get tough but honestly it really is the biggest joy when you see people apply the teaching of Jesus Christ in their lives and change. Seeing others smile just lights up your whole day. I love Jesus Christ and his Gospel. It has changed me completely and I am so thankful for what he has done for every single one of us. Because of him we have that opportunity to return with our Heavenly Father one day! I really do love my mission and I love the people here, though agency stinks at times, it's an amazing gift God has given us to be able to choose between Eternal Life or Death. (2 Nephi 2:27)
I love you all! I can't believe Carrie is having a baby! I am going to be an Uncle!!! Uncle Puertas! I like that :)
P.S I got a haircut today and it's CRAZY short! Like Buzzed short! :) life goes on though... <3
Elder Puertas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment