September 1st 2014


Wow Crazy weekend! Okay so first off we had Transfer calls last night! and.......... I am staying again with Elder Casco! He's so amazing, we just work hard together! I am going on Transfer #5 here in Huntington Park. That will be 7 1/2 months in one area! I am so excited to stay here in HP again. There is so much work here and I am really excited for this transfer with all these NEW missionaries coming into the Zone. Almost everyone in our Zone is training, like 8 out of 10 are. So this will literally probably be the FRESHEST Zone in the Mission! I trust all of the trainers here so much though. They really are hard workers.

We saw an awesome miracle as a zone to be able to pass our goal of 8 baptisms for this month and have 10. They are all super solid as well. The Zone is growing.
I am doing well, still trying to get really organized though and figuring some things out. Lately I have really focused on the power of pondering (advice from Elder Kimball). As I read the Book Of Mormon, I have learned so much about what it says the more I ponder about it. Just yesterday reading chapter 9 of 2 Nephi was so good. I almost stopped and pondered about what I was reading at every other verse. There is so much to learn. I love the Book of Mormon.

We had 2 baptisms yesterday for our area and they were beautiful. I was able to see our power of the Priesthood yesterday. Our investigator came to church and after Gospel Principles she came up to us and said "I think I want to go home, I’m not prepared to be baptized" She started walking out of the church and we followed her, We stopped by her car and she just cried and kept telling herself that she can't do it. She felt as something was telling her not to get baptized. We said everything we could say to comfort her and then my companion had an amazing idea and offered a blessing! She said yes, We gave her one and after we were done, she just sat there, tears rolling down, she looked up and said smiling "I want to be baptized" 15 minutes later we took her to get ready, took some pictures, she got baptized with her grandson and it was amazing. She bore her testimony after, also sharing with everyone what happened right before. How the "Enemy" was trying to make her not get baptized but she said it was all because of the blessing. She felt peace after it and she really felt God's love. We went over that night and she just looked SO HAPPY. She will be faithful in the church. I can feel it. I really thank God for helping us with her because it wasn't us. It was just through us.
Everything else is good here in HP. I love you all!

Thanks for all the support.


Love, Elder Puertas


 picture of Mango~adas
and of Some Doritos mixed with chifles, lime, tajin and valentina :) haha to celebrate! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment